Social Media & Technology
International Political Communication
Disinformation in the Russia-Ukraine War
Digital Social Movements
CONFERENCES & POSTER PRESENTATION
Hasan, M. (2022, August 4). Social Movements through Social Media: A comparison of Bangladesh's Road Safety and Ghana's #FixtheCountry movements [Conference Session]. 105th Annual Conference of Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. Detroit, MI, United States.
Hasan, M. (Accepted in KCA 22, September 17-19, 2022). Erasure of Ugandan Climate Activist Venessa Nakate from Associated Press: A Textual and Visual Analysis [Conference Session]. 91st Annual Conference of Kentucky Communication Association. Louisville, KY, United States.
Hasan, M. (2022, March 3). A Metaphorical & Visual Analysis of Gender in Al Jazeera & BBC coverage of Afghanistan after the Taliban takes over [Poster Presentation, 1st Place award]. In 21st Annual Graduate Student Research Poster Competition (pp. 23–23). Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, United States.
Hasan, M. (2021, November 11). In Cradle of a Nation and a Language: The University of Dhaka as a Site of Bangladeshi Collective Memory [Conference Session]. 11th Annual Arts & Humanities Conference, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, United States.
Hasan, M. (Rejected from International journal of press/politics) Propaganda to Disinformation: Comparative case study of two cases by the Russian-Ukrainian authority in the war of 2022
Texas Tech University Fall 2022
Research Lab: Innovation Diffusion Lab
Supervisor: Kerk F. Kee, Ph.D.
- Projects: NSF CI- Compass #2127548: An NSF Cyberinfrastructure (CI) Center of Excellence for Navigating the Major Facilities Data Lifecycle
- NSF EAGER #2042055: Leveraging Advanced Cyberinfrastructure and Developing Organizational Resilience for NSF Large Facilities in the Pandemic Era
- Recruiting participants, conducting interviews, analyzing interviews, and analyzing the contents.
- Other tasks given by the collaborators, research group, and directors.
Texas Tech University Summer2, 2022
Research Assistant (College of Media and Communication)
Supervisor: Asheley R. Landrum, Ph.D.
Project Name: "What counts as science."
- Coding and structuring the row data to excel sheet.
Texas Tech University Summer1, 2022; Fall 2022
Lab Instructor (College of Media and Communication, Undergraduate level)
MCOM 2310: Business and Professional Communication (Fall 22: 25 Students, Sum1: 19 Students)
- Hosting lab classes, conducting mock interviews, presentations, and regular class work.
- Tutoring and mentoring students who need additional instruction and grading presentations.
Texas Tech University Fall 2021, Spring 2022
Teaching Assistant (College of Media and Communication, Undergraduate level)
- Assisting professors in their undergraduate classes in sizes from 60-236 students.
- Evaluate and grade examinations, assignments, or papers, and record grades.
- TA Courses:
- MCOM 2350 Communicating in a Global Society: Director: Professor Lamia Zia; Fall 21, Spring 22
- MCOM 3320 Media & Communication Law: Director: Dr. Randy Reddick, Fall 21
- MCOM 2330 Media Literacy: Director: Dr. Emma Bedor Hilland, Fall 21, Spring 22
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship.
- Dean's International Scholarship Academic Year 2022-2023
- TTU Helen DeVitt Jones Mass Communication Scholarship Spring 2022.
- Dean's International Scholarship Spring 2022.
- First position, Social Sciences category at the 21st annual graduate poster competition 2022.
- First Position, Santa Fe Photography Contest 2022, International Office, TTU
- Winner of Mobile category photos by Leading University Photo Exhibition in 2017.